Personal information collected
We only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as reasonably necessary to run our business, and as permitted by law.
In relation to customers, the personal information we collect includes the following:
- telephone numbers, email and facsimile addresses and other contact information;
- information as to the nature of the customers business;
- credit information and credit eligibility information in connection with opening and operatingcustomer accounts; and
- payment information (which may include banking or credit card information).
In the normal course of the operation of our business, we also collect from service providers such personal information as is necessary for the normal operations of our business.
How personal information is collected and held
We collect personal information in written form, online or by telephone. With respect to customers, personal information is primarily collected from orders customers place with us, and from credit applications made by them to open accounts. Personal information may also be collected from referees nominated by customers, and from any credit reporting agency from which we obtain credit eligibility information.
Personal information is held either in electronic or written form, access to which is limited to authorised staff.
Purposes for which personal information is collected
Our purposes for collecting and holding personal information are to enable us:
- to receive orders for goods from customers and to fulfil those orders;
- to process payments made by customers;
- to extend credit facilities to appropriate customers; and
- to deal with our suppliers.
For these purposes we may disclose personal information to the following third parties:
- credit reporting agencies or referees for credit eligibility assessment;
- independent contractors for delivery purposes;
- third party providers of payment gateways for online payments;
- other website and online service providers;
- debt collection agencies in the case of delinquent accounts; and
- overseas business partners in the normal course of supply.
If with respect to a customer, disclosure has been made to a credit reporting or debt collecting agency, the identity of the agency will be disclosed on the customer’s request. It is not possible to be specific as to the location of overseas parties to whom it is possible disclosure could occur.
Access, correction and complaints
An individual in respect of whom we hold personal information may request access to that information, and may request correction of information which is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete or misleading. Such requests and any complaints should be addressed to our Complaints Officer (email@example.com) who will endeavour to respond promptly.